When Hero’s Bridge received a call from Quantico about a veteran needing help, the nonprofit quickly mobilized. A Vietnam Army veteran was relocating from Woodbridge to Front Royal and, with no family in the area, he needed help moving. The call was received on July 22 and less than two weeks later, he and his service cat, Thor, were settled in their new home — thanks to more than 30 civilian, active and retired military volunteers who stepped up to help him. Read the full article in The Fauquier Times.
- A Boy Scout Makes A Difference to Ailing Veterans
- Older vets need more than just appreciation
- Heroes among us: Caryl Buck paved the way for women in the U.S. Navy
- Veteran’s profile: When life hands Tony Pullen lemons, he whips up lemon-meringue pie
- Vietnam vet weathers health challenges, but soldiers on